The New Milford River Trail Association is a charitable non-profit organization that supports a vibrant, healthy region by promoting the creation of multi-use trails, bike lanes, walkways, and other measures that make it safer and easier to walk or bicycle for recreation and transportation.
- Expand community support for the completion of a multi-use trail along the Housatonic River in New Milford.
- Draw residents and bicycle tourists into our central business district.
- Raise awareness of the recreational value of one of our greatest assets, the Housatonic River, by expanding access for walkers and bicyclists.
- Work closely with the Western New England Greenway on the establishment of a bike route that will connect Canada with New York City.
- Maintain the beauty of the trails with amenities, such as benches and signage.
- Promote public and private investment in infrastructure that improves opportunities for walking and biking.
- Inform residents about the health benefits of walking and biking.
- Educate bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists on how to safely share the road.
Map of our proposed routes for the 13-mile, town-length trail. Our thanks to the New Milford Public Works Department for creating this for us.